Race Recap: Eugene Marathon
Oh. My. Gosh. Where do we even start with how well everyone raced last weekend. We had season best performances for every single person who raced!!! We also had 17, that's right, 17 team PRs!
Race weekends are what make this team so special. The environment in the stands watching everyone finish on the track at Hayward field was unreal. We can't wait for our next team focus race!
Here are just a few racing highlights from the weekend:
- Coach Yon placed 2nd overall in the half marathon
- Coach Regina won her age group in the half marathon
- Brittany ran a New York Marathon qualifying time and finished 17th overall in the half marathon
- Joyce ran a Boston Marathon qualifying time
- Jean, Summer and Danielle all finished their first marathons!
- 17 team PRs
While we love our local races - traveling as a team to "destination races" allows us to add in so many team social events.
We had multiple team dinners and part of our group was lucky enough to get to stick around and go wine tasting on Monday. The group toured the city of Eugene including Pre's Rock before heading out five local wineries in the area. The views were gorgeous and it was a perfect opportunity to prove that we actually own clothes other than running clothes.