We had another GREAT day of racing at the Seattle Rock n Roll Marathon on June 18th!
We had our biggest race group of the season and everyone showed up ready to rock and took advantage of the perfect race day conditions and had solid performances across the board. After a group warm up the team headed out on the new Stadium to Stadium Course. The new route was absolutely gorgeous and still had a fair dose of hills that Seattle races are known for.
Here are just a few performance highlights:
- Mike won his age group in the half marathon with a new PR
- Liz CRUSHED her marathon time goal and ran a 43 minute PR***
- Joyce, Lesley, Lon, Mark, Sarah all ran half marathon PRs as well
- Mary and Workeneh ran their first marathons ever finishing in 4:24 and 3:50 respectively
- Jean and Matt were both within a few minutes of their PRs even after racing last month in Eugene
- Course records for everyone who raced - the benefit of a new race course ;)
After the race the team left Century Link Field excited and motivated to keep working towards the next race and their next goal.
Our next focus races on the books are the Tunnel Vision Marathon and the Evergreen Half Marathon and 10k in August.
*** Liz has also written a blog post about her second marathon experience. It's a fantastic read and we highly recommend you check it out! http://anchoredintheevergreens.com/marathon-recap-seattle-rock-n-roll/